Sunday, March 20, 2011

Crispy Kale Chips

I found Crispy Kale Chips at Whole Foods a few weeks ago...Kale Chips? The employee at Whole Foods told me she liked them and told me her favorite flavors. I opted for Cosmic's Cheesy Pizza Kale Chips. Normally anything "cheesy flavored" in snack aisles turns me off but after looking at the ingredients I decided to give them a try and they were really good! On my next trip to Whole Foods I bought Rhythm Superfoods "Zesty Nacho" flavored kale chips.  Here is the list of  ingredients: fresh kale, fresh red bell pepper, fresh zucchini, fresh carrots, cashews, fresh onion, fresh lemon juice, vegan nutritional yeast, garlic, apple cidar vinegar, and sea salt. Everything in the ingredient list is FRESH!
Whole Foods carries several brands - and I recommend you give them a try! Kale is a nutritional powerhouse - and an excellant source of Vitamins and nutrients!
I googled Kale chip recipes and to my delight found many recipes and methods to making Crispy Kale chips at home.

Here is the link to a recipe I used when I made them at home:
http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/2010/03/recipe-for-roasted-kale-chips-with-sea.html
I plan to experiment when making them again and try different methods until I find one I like the best! This link will take you to Kalyn's Kitchen blog. Her kale chip recipe is very similar to the one I used, I share this link because her step by step photos and instructions ensure you'll have great tasting results.

No comments:

Post a Comment